I know, it's still October but this year for small online business owners like me, Christmas is looking closer than ever before.
My workshop sits on an island at the very north of Scotland, and the Royal Mail postal service is our lifeline. The postal workers were our absolute heroes throughout lockdown, keeping our business going.
But because of our reliance on this service, the vast number of postal strikes planned between now and Christmas will significantly slow down the delivery of our boxes of joy to you.
So please, if you are thinking of ordering something for Christmas delivery, order as soon as you can as we can no longer guarantee delivery timescales.
Royal Mail have said that Special Delivery is prioritised, so consider choosing this delivery option when you check out.
We expect strike action on the following dates:
- Thursday 20th October 2022
- Tuesday 25th October 2022
- Monday 28th November 2022
- Processing, Distribution, International, Collections, Admin: 3rd, 9th, 15th, 24th November and 1st December 2022
- Delivery: 4th, 10th, 16th, 25th November and 2nd December 2022
- Network: 2nd, 8th, 14th, 23rd, 30th November 2022